Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: DELIUS question

From: Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU (Ronald Girardin)
Date: 31 Mar 95 11:29:15 EST
Subject: Re: DELIUS question
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

--- Mary Helen Sowell wrote:
in English.

But, admittedly the lyrics are difficult to decipher and they
are as follows:

Ooh, he's a moody Old Man,
Song of Summer in his Hand,....
--- end of quoted material ---
Thanks Mary...but that's not what I was looking for...

It's the part Kate sings after the
"tah-tah-tah...hmmmmmm...tah-tah-tah"  and
"tah-tah-tah...in B-Fenby...tah-tah-tah"

It sorta sounds like Japanese or latin or greek...?  ????

Thomas A. Hendricks e-mailed to me saying that Kate's
singing in latin...This is what he thinks Kate is singing:
"Delius  Delius amat syphillis Deus Delius ooh"
According to Thomas, it literally means:
"Delius, Delius loves syphillis, God Delius, ooh."

...I doubt that VERY much...To me, it doesn't sound like
that at all...it doesn't even make any sense....

...help....anyone...

peace

ronny