Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TWW extended version

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 95 23:19:09 +0100
Subject: Re: TWW extended version
To: Lionel.Reveret@imag.fr (Lionel REVERET)
cc: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

Lionel asks:
> I've found recently the extended version of "TWW  - I -" (not so easy in
> France...).
> I guess that the same extended version for "TWW  - II -" exists :
> Is it different from the record of the TWW box ?

Ummm... yes and no. There's even more now:

This Woman's Work - Extended Edition
2CD -                               ?           410.353 KB1 / 410.354 KB2
    the two special CDs from the boxed set, including as extra tracks
    Rocket Man, Candle In The Wind & Rubberband Girl (12" mix). "For
    Promotional Use Only". Very probably a bootleg. Discs claim to be DDD
    which they most certainly aren't. The covers have two KTfem symbols
    instead of only one. Booklets have 4 photos each, and (authentic?)
    Kate-quotes ("Some of my lyrics were just, well, mad really. And why not!",
    "I'm a bit of a loner. I don't go out clubbing and all that. I Don't make
    an exhibition of myself out on the floor.") There are also a few minor
    spelling mistakes in the track listing.

        Kate Bush - This Woman's Work Extended Edition I       55:39
          1) The Empty Bullring                                 2:16
          2) Ran Tan Waltz                                      2:40
          3) Passing Through Air                                2:03
          4) December Will Be Magic Again                       4:50
          5) Warm And Soothing                                  2:43
          6) Lord Of The Reedy River                            2:42
          7) Ne T'En Fui Pas                                    2:32
          8) Un Baiser D'Enfant                                 3:00
          9) Under The Ivy                                      2:10
         10) Burning Bridge                                     4:39
         11) My Lagan Love                                      2:30
         12) The Handsome Cabin Boy                             3:11
         13) Not This Time                                      3:40
         14) Walk Straight Down The Middle                      3:50
         15) Be Kind To My Mistakes                             3:03
         16) Rocket Man                                         5:01
         17) Candle In The Wind                                 4:26

        Kate Bush - This Woman's Work Extended Edition II      73:26
          1) I'm Still Waiting                                  4:28
          2) Ken                                                3:48
          3) One Last Look Around The House Before We Go...     1:03
          4) Wuthering Heights (New Vocal)                      4:57
          5) Experiment IV                                      4:21
          6) Them Heavy People (live)                           4:08
          7) Don't Push Your Foot On The Heartbrake (live)      3:39
          8) James And The Cold Gun (live)                      6:25
          9) L'Amour Looks Something Like You (live)            2:43
         10) Running Up That Hill (Maxi)                        5:46
         11) Cloudbusting (The Organon Mix)                     6:32
         12) Hounds Of Love (Alternative)                       3:47
         13) The Big Sky (Meteorological Mix)                   7:44
         14) Experiment IV (12" Mix)                            6:37
         15) Rubberband Girl (Extended Mix)                     7:05

This Woman's Work III
    contains B-side material of The Red Shoes, very probably from the same
    people who did the 'extended edition' bootlegs of the 2 special CDs from
    the boxed set.
CD    -                                ?            ODY 027 KB 3
    clear CD tray, front page of booklet is white with two blue KT-fem symbols
    and red writing, CD is white with red writing.

        Kate Bush - This Woman's Work III                      55:38
          1) Cloudbusting (video mix)                           6:57
          2) Eat The Music (extended mix)                       4:59
          3) You Want Alchemy                                   4:22
          4) Shoedance (the red shoe dance mix)                10:08
          5) Show A Little Devotion                             4:16
          6) Moments Of Pleasure (instrumental version)         5:18
          7) Home For Christmas                                 1:45
          8) Rubberband Girl (extended mix)                     7:06
          9) Candle In The Wind (instrumental version)          4:27
         10) Don't Give Up                                      5:55

This Woman's Work Live
    contains live & TV appearances, 'part IV' of the TWW bootleg series. Tracks
    fade in & out badly    The given sources are not quite complete or even
    correct:
        1       UK TV, Aspel & Company, London, June 20, 1993
        2,3     The Secret Policeman's Third Ball,
                March 28, 1987, London Palladium
        5       UK TV, The Tube's 100th show, March 1986
        6       Prince's Trust Royal Gala, Dominion Theatre, London,
                July 21, 1982
        7       Comic Relief, London, April 4-6, 1986
        8-12    Hammersmith Odeon soundtrack
        13,14   Japanese TV, Sound in S, June 23, 1978
        15      UK TV, probably Top Of The Pops?, 1978
        16,17   US TV, Saturday Night Live, December 9, 1978
CD    -                                ?            ODY 028 KB 4
    clear CD tray, front page of booklet is green with two white KT-fem symbols
    and red writing, CD is dark green with white writing

        Kate Bush - This Woman's Work Live                     66:49
          1) Moments Of Pleasure (London TV Show - 1993)        5:20
          2) Running Up That Hill
                  (London - Amnesty International Gig - 1987)   4:55
          3) Let It Be
                  (London - Amnesty International Gig - 1987)   4:25
          4) Don't Give Up (London - P.Gabriel Concert)         7:30
          5) Under The Ivy (London - TV Show 1985)              2:11
          6) The Wedding List (London - 2nd Secret
                   Policeman's Charity Gig - 1982)              4:13
          7) Breathing (London - TV Show - 1980)                3:04
          8) Moving (London - Live Concert - 1979)              3:31
          9) Violin (London - Live Concert - 1979)              3:39
         10) Wow Wow Wow (London - Live Concert - 1979)         4:07
         11) James And The Cold Gun
                 (London - Live Concert - 1979)                 8:49
         12) Oh England My Lionheart
                  (London - Live Concert - 1979)                3:24
         13) The Long And Winding Road
                  (Japanese - TV Show - 1978)                   1:40
         14) She's Leaving Home (Japanese - TV Show - 1978)     1:31
         15) Wuthering Heights (USA - TV Show - 1978)           2:59
         16) The Man With The Child In His Eyes
                 (USA - TV Show - 1978)                         2:45
         17) Them Heavy People (USA - TV Show - 1978)           2:44

Please remember that these are bootlegs, and TWW I, II & III are pirates
from officially available stuff which is not too difficult to find.

Ciao,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2]