Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KB cache in Boston +Hersh

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 95 23:32:47 +0100
Subject: Re: KB cache in Boston +Hersh
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

Albert wrote:
> 2)  Kristin Hersh has made several good records as the lead presence of
> Throwing Muses.  Her solo record I like a lot, and might point out there's
> also an 8-track CD (not an 8-track tape  :)  ) called "Strings" that
> offers up some interesting string versions of tunes off of _Hips &
> Makers_  (LOVE that title track!).  She put on a really fine, low-key solo
> concert at a small theatre in Somerville around the time her album came
> out.

Hmmm... I agree about her stuff being very good, be it CDs or concerts, but my
copy of Strings has just 4 tracks, not 8: A Loon, Sundrops, Me and My Charms
and Velvet Days. Sounds like 5 tracks, but that's only A Loon ;-). There's
also a(t least one) maxi single: Your Ghost, The Key, Uncle June And Aunt Kiyoti,
When The Levee Breaks, so there's even more material to hunt down...

Ciao,

Uli

P.S.: There's also a bootleg, called Sparkle. It contains live stuff, but
Your Thost and Me And My Charms is on there three times each (!). Different
recordings of course, but still...

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2]