Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: pj redux

From: WretchAwry <vickie@pilot.njin.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 95 23:50:13 EST
Subject: Re: pj redux
To: JWWARREN@aol.com
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net, iluvalf@aol.com
Loves: Kate Bush..Happy Rhodes..Jane Siberry..Tori Amos..Peter Gabriel..

John writes:

> Hi ya'll
>
> I don't want to belabor this thread (PJ Harvey and Kate) but I must say the
> the musical opinion of someone who professes in her aol monniker to love ALF
> (I Luv Alf) doesn't hold a lot of weight, IMO.

Heya, have you ever listened to Alison Moyet?  (Alf is her nickname, and
I believe I Luv Alf refer to Alison, rather than the TV character).  I'd
listen to the opinions of an Alison Moyet fan as equally as I'd listen
to the opinions of PJ Harvey fans.  I'd give it the same weight in context,
anyway.

> Give me a break: comparing PJ Harvey to Whitney Houston
> and Paula Abdul is like equating Peter Gabriel to
> Michael Bolton.

Here, I'd agree.  I'm not into PJ Harvey, but I know enough to say that
she's certainly got more weight & depth than Whitney and Paula.

Tip to Alf:  PJ Harvey fans *can* also be potential Alison Moyet fans,
so my advice would be to ixnay on the anti-ejPay.  Fans have memories.
Fans hold grudges against people who say bad things about their beloved
artists.  It may backfire on any future promotion you may do for Alison.

Vickie

> John Warren

ps, John, did you get the updated Ecto information?