Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT and Anne Rice

From: birdie@netcom.com (Kathleen Ostridge)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 08:45:47 GMT
Subject: KT and Anne Rice
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hello...

I've been thinking that it would be quite a match if Kate were to do the
soundtrack for Anne Rice's The Witching Hour, which David Geffen and Warner
Brothers owns the film rights to...Kate and Anne have actually quite alot
in common - love the same books, movies, prose...and explore and use the
same religious images (mmm yes..a variety)..and basically have shared
inspirations.

The Witching Hour, for those that havent read it, isnt a Wiccan based story.

I was listening to The Ninth Wave and reading one of Anne's books once
and I was really startled to find a deep artistic connection between the
two of them.

Anyway...I got Anne Rice Kate's work (she hadnt heard her) and if anyone
has a line into Kate...get her The Witching Hour.

I'd really love to see Kate do the soundtrack for the film when it is made.

Oh..and after watching HoL video that KT directed, I think that the film
The 39 Steps was an inspiration...Twas about two innocent people in love
in handcuffs being chased across the moors...Hitchcock directed.

Lemme know your thoughts....

Anne Rice Newsgroup FYI is alt.books.anne-rice

I have this nagging thought that KT listeners and Anne Rice readers could
stay up til the wee hours conversing away...

Birdie
--
"A few more trips around the sun & my face will look like a fault map!"

                                                  - birdie@netcom.com