Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate mention on VH-1

From: JYDJ88C@prodigy.com (Joseph Pauley)
Date: 12 Mar 1995 19:55:32 GMT
Subject: Kate mention on VH-1
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

*de-lurking*

Hi all!  I was watching the show "4 on the Floor" this morning on VH-1.
The show is basically a weekly panel discussion on current events in the
pop music industry.   One segment today invloved critiques of Annie
Lennox's new song and video "No More 'I Love You's' "  One of the
panelists stated that he thought the video was too much like a Kate Bush
video, and therefore not original enough.  My boyfriend, Mike, (who is
definitely NOT a big KTFan) mentioned that it was most likely a
concentrated effort on Annie's part to pay tribute to Kate, of whom Annie
is obviously a big fan (see Love-Hounds Collection clip with Ms Lennox
for point in fact).

Anyhow, just wanted to say how thrilled I was to hear Kate's name as
something of an innovator in video, as we all know...

She Really Is!!

*back to lurking mode"
-
  "You think you're so smart, but I've seen you naked, and I'll probably
see you naked again"  -  Barenaked Ladies