Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: love-hounds etc...(Stina Nordenstam)

From: nightwol@dircon.co.uk (Steve Fagg)
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 13:40:32 +0100
Subject: Re: love-hounds etc...(Stina Nordenstam)
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net (Love Hounds)

"K." <karim.jamal@era-t.ericsson.se> wrote:
>"Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us> wrote:
>> On Mon, 6 Mar 1995, J.A.Harkness wrote:
>> >   What I'm really interested in is if anyone has any
>> > information on Stina Nordenstam.  Can't get info, can't get cds can't
>> > get anything.  All I have is two tracks taped from the Radio (one
>> > called 'Little Star')
>
>Some info on Stina Nordenstam:

... stuff deleted ...

Her first album was indeed "Memories of a Color".  I also have an album
called "And She Closed Her Eyes".  Both well worth investigating in my
opinion. Her accent is a bit strange to start with, but not in the Victoria
Williams league.  If you want to pick just one album, I would say "Memories
of a Color" is the more accessible.  In the US she is marketed as just
"Stina" without the surname.

I have seen both of these albums on sale in the UK, though they may have
been imports (didn't look to closely as I already had my copies - I got one
in Chicago, and the other from a net.friend in Norway).

--
Steve Fagg  a.k.a.  Nightwol   ( 'phone: +44-1279-402437 )
( s.l.fagg@bnr.co.uk (work) nightwol@dircon.co.uk (home) )

*** We tried to add it all up and got merely sunrise.  ***
*** Try putting that in a letter to someone in exile.  ***