Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love Hounds Collection?

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 95 22:53:48 +0100
Subject: Re: Love Hounds Collection?
To: "Dan Arthur" <dan_arthur@quickmail.truevision.com>
cc: "Love Hounds" <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

Hi!

Dan asks:
> I've read the FAQ, but I don't find it.  What is the "Love Hounds Collection" I
> keep seeing references to, & how can I get it?  Thanks a lot!

Ok, time to make a statement:

I won't put anything about the LH-Collection into the FAQ, even though it's by
far the most frequently asked question on rec.music.gaffa for the past 9 or so
months. Why? Simple - the legality of said collection is questionable. Copyright
and such stuff. Were the FAQ only posted to r.m.gaffa, this wouldn't be a problem,
since one out of 20 postings is about the collection anyway. But the FAQ isn't
posted to gaffa only. It's posted to other newsgroups as well. It's even
archived on some sites that don't have anything to do with love-hounds. It may
one day even appear on a CD-ROM (wouldn't be surprised to already find it
somewhere). These are the reasons why I don't put anything about the collection(s)
into the FAQ.

Sorry if it means more theoretically unneccessary traffic on gaffa, and sorry
if it means some of us (hi Chris) have to post quite a lot to answer these
questions, but this doesn't change my opinion regarding the legality and any
possible problems arising from this. Let's minimize any risk by not talking
about it in public. Gaffa is somehow not 'public' in this case of course.

Now to answer the question once more outside of the FAQ:

The Love-Hounds Collection (in its 1994 incarnation) is a set of 2 video tapes
together containing 4 hours of Kate videos. None of that material is commercially
available (we really don't want to get any unneccessary copyright problems),
while most of it is in quite good quality, especially compared to what's otherwise
floating around on the market. About 400 tape sets have been distributed so far.
Ask around on gaffa and you'll find someone willing to make a copy. If you have
a 'young' copy (in generations) and good equipment, you should be willing to
make more copies for other people. That's all. Except for that there will be
another l-h collection ('95 version) soon(er or later).

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2]