Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Newbies and Love-Pups: READ THIS!

From: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 1995 11:30:15 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Newbies and Love-Pups: READ THIS!
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

> I'm sorry that my first posting to the list has to be negative,
> but please, a _1711_ line posting about Tori Amos!!!  I'm sure I'm
> not the only person who has to read each individual message, and I'm
> also sure I'm not the only one who is unhappy reading about Tori
> bootlegs.  In future, _please_ keep this confined to the Tori List!!

OK. While a 1711 line posting may be a little long for any topic, I think
the newer folks on the list/group need some enlightening about something
that may not be readily apparent. I don't mean to pick on the poster of
the above, who really was not all that out of line, but we seem to have
been getting a lot of the "[whine] This isn't about Kate. It shouldn't be
here!" messages, so I feel it is time explain.

Rec.music.gaffa and it's sister mailing list. Love-Hounds, got their names,
obviously, from the premier female musician of our time, Kate Bush.

However, the charter for this group and list make it clear that this list
is *not* for exclusive discussion of Kate Bush. This group is for the
discussion of all female musical artists (I won't use the word
"alternative" 'cause who the heck knows what it means) who follow in the
tradition of Ms. Bush -- the tradition of producing breathtakingly
different and beautiful music.

This group is for the discussion of Tori Amos, Sara MacLachlan, Bjork,
Jane Siberry, Happy Rhodes, Nanci Griffith, Annie Lennox, you name it --
any other female artist who has ever made you go "Wow!"

The primary focus of this group is and always will be Ms. Bush and her
work, but discussions, arguments, digressions and long, involved threads
about other artists are part of what this group is about.

So cut out the whining about "Non-Kate content" until you have RTFFAQ!

scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us == Stuart M. Castergine   |              ---
All young gentle dreams drowning                     | "Mmm, yes."   |/
In life's grief                                      |               |\
Can you hang on to me? --Kate Bush, _Big Stripey Lie_|