Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

opening act/gaffa

From: "Brian J Dillard" <dillardb@student.msu.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 17:10:02 -0500 (EST)
Subject: opening act/gaffa
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net (lovehounds)

on the opening act, i think 'fox' was saying that as a kid, the person in the
story was weirded out by eccentric female performers and now, ironically, she
is a fan of kate--one of those, if not the premiere, crazy women. i dont think
'fox' was saying that kate WAS the crazy woman . . .

as for the gaffa thread, as with most metaphors, isn't it great that it can
have such a diversity of interpretations? i don't think that if we say it was
'just' a reference to gaffer's tape that we are saying that kate was singing
about an unfortunate accident in the machine shop that got her tangled up for
the day. it's still a METAPHOR, a good one, b/c she coined a word that could
have its roots in many different places . . . .

brian

pj harvey out today . . . . i dunno whether it's polly jean's 'dreaming,' but
one thing's similar: it is WAY different from her other work, IMHO, and well
worth checking out. . . .