Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Gaffa, Kether & Malkuth

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (Chris Williams)
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 95 06:26:42 GMT
Subject: Re: Gaffa, Kether & Malkuth
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

>I thought that I once found the term Gaffa in some kaballistic
>text as one of the 10 positions on the Tree of Life. This is what
>I think of whenever I hear that song. Being stuck in Gaffa is
>more of a rationalization of being helpless at the whims of fate.

   This is the first I've heard of this particular usage, but it fits
perfectly into the rest, and could be the original.

> I think that Gaffa is the allegory for a self-sabotaging state of mind,
>although I'm not quite sure without pulling out a few books.

   Please do. This is exactly Vickie's defininition of the word gaffa,
and fits in well with my exploration/theory of the meaning of gaffa
as a plural of "gaffe."

   Does anyone else see what I mean? Can you imagine Kate trying to
explain to an interviewer...

Q: What does the word "gaffa" mean?
A: Well, that's rather complicated...er...I was reading one of my
brother's books...and...uhm...

   At the time she was still having to fight the impression that the
British press had of her as a "fruitcake." Bringing up Kabelistic texts
is *not* a good way of doing that. Gaffer's tape was a joke that has
obtained the status of gospel.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)