Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Vickie Post and Feminism

From: ac506@lafn.org (Lisa Morton)
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 1995 18:52:18 GMT
Subject: The Vickie Post and Feminism
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@lafn.org

To "Vickie@asarian.org" I can only say, RIGHT ON!

I have stayed out of this porn-vs.-femmes debate up 'til now, but
your posting just hit too close and made too much sense.  Like
you, I also have been employed in some very traditionally male-dominated
areas (special effects modelmaking, screenwriting), and I have never
encountered one instance of harrassment or sexism.  I prefer to think
that it's not that I'm wildly unattractive, but because I carry myself
in a way that doesn't encourage negative reactions.  It's all about
being an individual, not a member of some prescribed, conditioned
carefully-defined group.  Overcome the conditioning, I say!

Lisa