Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Gratefulness...

From: merkinskin@aol.com (MERKINSKIN)
Date: 9 Feb 1995 01:26:16 -0500
Subject: Gratefulness...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: root@aol.net

So, where do I start?  Who am I?  Well, I was born and raised here in
Southern California (about 20 miles from L.A.) and reached the ripe old
age of 27 last Nov. 22.  I have a younger brother who is about to spend
the next year in Mauritius (an island somewhere near Africa) in the quest
for a PhD.  I studied English/Poetry and would love to find a job as an
editor or teacher(?).  I am currently working for a mail-order catalog
company.  It's not a bad job, and the people are really nice, but it can
get a little boring.
     A friend of mine opened his own used-record store a few years ago.
Since I am a huge music fan, I helped him get it off the ground, and
eventually wound up managing the store for a year.  I started to collect
old records, but now I'm just interested in good music.  I've recently
discovered two fantastic artists (Dar Williams and Freedy Johnston) and
I'm telling everyone about them.  But I like so many different musicians,
I could go on for an hour.

    [Wow!  I just got a call from a dear friend who told me he's going to
be a father!  It's a complete shock!  He's been seeing a woman for a
while, and they have talked about marriage and stuff in the recent past,
but I never expected this!  I'm happy for them.  I just can't believe it!]

     Whew!  Anyway, it's really hard to decribe myself accurately to you.
I think I'm a sensitive, honest person.  Some may say that I'm nervous and
lazy (I guess I am sometimes), but that's not accurate either.  Most of
all, I'm easy-going, funny, and kind-hearted.  Lately, though, I've been
quiet, hanging out on the Net and meeting new people.  It has been a while
since I've been in a love-relationship, and I would like to be in one, but
I need to heal some more first.  I am a spiritual person, too; not really
the religious kind [technically, I'm Jewish], but I believe that each one
of us is holy and perfect.
     I hope this wasn't too much for an intro., and eagerly await your own
intro.

With Gratefulness,

merkinskin@aol.com