Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Pornography

From: patrik@shell.portal.com (Patrick M Crumhorn)
Date: 7 Feb 1995 16:48:04 GMT
Subject: Re: Pornography
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Lou Fox (fox@panix.com) wrote:

 (much about Playboy & Penthouse)

    Well, I'll feel less pissed at the hypocrisy of your faction of
feminism when they take on Cosmopolitan, Glamour, Vogue, Harper's Bazaar,
and all the other magazines that TEACH women how to be sex objects for men.
I find it hard to view women as "victims of men's objectification" when
so much money is spent by women themselves on making sure the
objectification continues.   Start picketing cosmetics counters,
haute-couture boutiques, and boycotting TV shows sponsored by perfume and
makeup ads, and maybe, just MAYBE, you will begin to have some
credibility with the society at large.   What is the overall circulation
of Ms. Magazine, compared to Cosmo?   If you don't like the answer to
that question, then it becomes a matter of "physician, heal thyself."
    IMHO, natch. ;-)

	Patrick Crumhorn	patrik@cup.portal.com