Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: under the ivy/cloudbusting/wilhelm reich

From: ssmit15@larry.cc.emory.edu (Sarah Anne Smith)
Date: 4 Feb 1995 19:25:11 GMT
Subject: Re: under the ivy/cloudbusting/wilhelm reich
To: rec-music-gaffa@cis.ohio-state.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hello...I'm not sure how long this thread has been going on, as I haven't
read through this newsgroup in forever...and I hope that this hasn't
already come up...but I'm next to positive that the song is about the
book _The Secret Garden_. Subtextual interpretations about intimacy,
etc., aren't mutually exclusive with my hypothesis...

_The Secret Garden_ is a children's favorite...anyone else read it?

The first time I heard Under the Ivy was at a friend's house...I thought
it was beautiful, but didn't listen too closely at first hearing. A few
nights later I dreamt that Kate was in my apartment, and I asked her if
the song was about the book, and she said "Yes, but I haven't read it",
which was kind of an odd answer. Anyway, in the dream I went digging
around my bookshelves to find my copy of the book, and when I turned
around to give it to her, she was gone. That's the only time I've ever
dreamt about her, and the first time I'd ever dreamt of a "famous" person.

Yours Irrelevantly,

Sarah