Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Glitter/A Small Note

From: Fiona McQuarrie <fmcquarr@upei.ca>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 18:16:34 -0400 (AST)
Subject: Glitter/A Small Note
To: "Kate (list) Bush" <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

Stev0's question about glitter reminds me of when I bought "The Sensual
World" video cassette.
I most excitedly brought it back to my dorm and invited what I thought
were like-minded souls to watch it with me. The interview was great, and
then the videos started. The Sensual World: glitter/snow. Love and Anger:
glitter. This Woman's Work: does rain count? :)
After the video ended, the only comment that was forthcoming from the
heretics present was "Boy, she sure likes glitter, doesn't she?"
Ahem.

Not wanting to jump fully into the pornography debate, but...Chris, you
note, as an example of Playboy's openness to a wide range of body types,
that the current Playboy has a feature on women over 40. I haven't seen
the issue, but I'd be willing to bet that there are very few women in
there who look 40. From what I've seen PLayboy is willing to feature women
of any age as long as they match the totally unrepresentative airbrushed
ideal of the Playmate. That's not what I'd call openness to many body types.

Cheers, Fiona