Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: After a year as a Kate fan...

From: fox@panix.com (Lou Fox)
Date: 29 Jan 1995 21:19:10 -0500
Subject: Re: After a year as a Kate fan...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hey, I live in NYC and I have about six Kate albums, does that make me cool?
Just kidding. Anyways, I think the ironic problem with living in NYC,
being the cultural mecca of the States, is that people can't get exposed
to real 'alternative' music. Most of the stations in NY are out to make a
buck, not make people's minds expand. I grew up in a college town and so
we had the benefits of an ecclectic college radio station, something NY
doesn't, and even if it did, no one can get in any radio station besides
the major ones because of all the tall buildings and volumes of signals
in the city. Also, kate has not toured in a really long time and the way
most punk/wacky type music people get to experience new music is through
shows. I have met other Kate fans, but they are few and far between.