Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Oh my goodness

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 95 15:51 CST
Subject: Re: Oh my goodness
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

>    I was just listening to TRS and was blasting "Moments of Pleasure", one of
> my all-time favorites.  When the line came, "Hey there Bill... will you turn
> the lights up..." the connection hit me like a tank.  I'm sure this is old
> news to most people here, but for me it was so sad... Bill is the light person
> whom "Blow Away" was written for - the lighting man who was killed in an
> accident during that years-ago tour.

   It seemed to affect Kate deeply. Bill Duffield died in a fall from a
lighting grid just before the start of the tour. It didn't stop the
tour, but it still obviously affects her deeply.

   Bill's death may be a factor in Kate's inability to commit to a
tour. This is entirely conjecture, but I'd imagine that she has some
fear that, because someone died producing the *last* tour...

>    Wow.  That is *really* sad.

   Very true.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago