Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Walk Straight Down..."- big mistake.

From: jws5@Lehigh.EDU
Date: 27 Jan 1995 10:12:24 -0500
Subject: Re: "Walk Straight Down..."- big mistake.
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: jws5@Lehigh.EDU

desslok@u.washington.edu (Marc Odo) writes:
>I was listening to _Sensual_World_ last night, and it really bugged me
>how the cd version ends with "Walk Straight Down The Middle."  I think
>this is a rather weak song, and a horrible way to end the album.  This is
>only amplified by the fact that "This Woman's Work" is an ideal song to
>end the album, like on the vinyl.  Works much better that way, if you ask me.

I almost completely agree.

I actually think "Walk Straight Down the Middle" is a terrific song, but for
an album-ender it just doesn't work.  _Especially_ considering Kate has a
habit of ending albums really well (i.e. "Get Out of My House", "The Kick
Inside", "Breathing").
                                                Peace,
                                                  Justin

justin sol       |  "but it did not occur to cain that killing his brother
jws5@lehigh.edu  |             would cause his brother's death"
fauna canzona    |                 -jean claude van itallie