Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Pornography

From: "Forward, Jonathan" <JForward@SITGBSD1.TELECOM.com.au>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 95 17:19:00 AES
Subject: Re: Pornography
To: "rec.music.gaffa" <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>
Encoding: 37 TEXT

  >  From: love-hounds-request
  >  To: rec-music-gaffa
  >  Subject: Re: A pointless little story
  >  Date: Wednesday, 25 January 1995 3:18AM
  >
  >     A vanishingly small number of the readers of Playboy and Penthouse
  >  ever commit violent sexual crimes, and sexual crimes have existed as
  >  long as the human race, far longer than the printed image. Claiming
  >  that one caused the other shows, at best a complete lack of
  >  understanding of statistical coorelation.  With all the
  >  real, horrible crimes being perpetrated against women around the
  >  world on a daily basis (female genital mutalation is widespread in
  >  the Muslim areas of Africa), that complaining about Playboy and
  >  Penthouse is the equivilent of going to an emergency room with a
  >  hangnail during a plague.
  >

  >                            Chris Williams of
  >                               Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
  >                                 chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
  >                                   vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)

 I'm sorry you seem to have confused me with someone who's a complete
 fuckwit, but I'm sorry to admit I'm actually a well-informed feminist.
 I already know full well everything you stated, and also much more about
 the issue than you are ever likely to know given that you don't even
 recognize the difference between nudity and pornography. I'm also sorry
 to say that the articles are the worst feature of the magazines. I'd like
 to see the streets of Los Angeles if anyone there ever tried to publish
 a magazine as racist as these publications are sexist. Think about it.

TSB, Adelaide Australia
 "Just a normal difference of opinion.  You say 'po-tay-to', I say
  'Oh. shut the FUCK up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'" - beitel@niktow.canisius.edu