Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Little Lamb's A Turney

From: Mike Mendelson <MJM@zylab.mhs.compuserve.com>
Date: 26 Jan 95 15:55:29 EST
Subject: Little Lamb's A Turney
To: <Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net>

CW writes:
|      Jorn Barger was the first Love-Hound to discover the source
|and he produced a version of the "original" lyrics. Jon Drukman
|recorded Jen Tunney (sp?) singing these words over
|the insturmental recording of "The Sensual World."

jen tuRney.  BTW, I leant my Kate Rape tape to Vickie and
she still has it... I hope it wasn't damaged in the fire.
Maybe I'll reclaim it some day.  :-)

Lisa writes:
|Recently I've been puzzling over the content of "Under the Ivy".
|..."...it may be about two people leaving a party to
|make love."  Now I've been trying to get this out of the song...
|the song is about an adult desperately trying to regain the innocence
|of safety, the childhood sense that everything is or will be fine.
|...I think the answer instead is that perhaps even she
|doesn't know the real meaning - or, perhaps, that unconsciously she
|knows it and doesn't want to deal with it.

Oh, I doubt that.

|Argument?  Speculation?

Why don't you post the lyrics and we'll go at it?  I think Kate's
interpretation can be supported but I don't have the words in front
of me.

-mjm