Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Bubba and Maureen

From: YAMAMOTO Sozo <yamamoto@tvrl.mei.co.jp>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 10:11:23 +0900
Subject: Bubba and Maureen
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: yamamoto@cae1.tvrl.mei.co.jp

Sorry to quote an old message but please consider this again.
It was just a year back when I posted this.

[Here is Scott Telford's responce because I don't keep original message I sent]
> In article <9401270408.AA12771@oak.crl.mei.co.jp>, sozo@crl.mei.co.jp
> (YAMAMOTO Sozo) writes:

> > In my copy of latest `Lionheart', the Japanese fan club's newsletter,
> > Shimazaki writes that:
> >
> > - Maureen is Kate's aunt,
> > - Bubba is for Gary Hurst (dancer in '79 tour)
> > - Teddy is an engineer [Teddy who?]
> >
> > Could anybody confirm these?
> > Teddy seems to be an engineer rather than a guitarist,
> > with `Spinning in a chair at Abbey Road'

> As I posted a while back, "Teddy" is most likely Jon <somebody>, an
> assistant engineer at Abbey Road Studios during the recording of Never
> Forever.  The name "Teddy" comes from the nicknames Andrew Powell (?),
> Kate and Jon gave themselves at the time (Andy Pandy, Loopy Lou and
> Teddy, from the old Andy Pandy childrens' TV show). I got this from an
> old KBC magazine article reproduced in The Garden.

`Teddy' was identified but other two still remain unconfirmed.
There are two reasons I consider this is true.

1) In TLTCTC, characters seen in MoP sequence surely look like
 an aunt and an male dancer, and the newsletter was published before
 no one (at least Shimazaki himself) saw the film.
2) Shimazaki, the origin of this information, wrote in the newsletter
 that he had talked with Kate's brother (I remember Puddy),
 this can be a creditable news source.

I tried to find the name `Maureen' from the book `The Secret Story'
and failed.  But I am still inclined to believe this.

 | Television Research Laboratory, Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.|
 +- yamamoto@tvrl.mei.co.jp - Phone:+81-726-24-7732 - FAX:+81-726-23-7034 -+