Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: A pointless little story

From: "Forward, Jonathan" <JForward@SITGBSD1.TELECOM.com.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 95 11:45:00 AES
Subject: RE: A pointless little story
To: "rec.music.gaffa" <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>
Encoding: 42 TEXT

  >  From: love-hounds-request
  >  To: Love-Hounds
  >  Subject: A pointless little story
  >  Date: Monday, 23 January 1995 5:47PM
  >

  >     Um, I have noticed that occasionally people will share some little
  >  story in which Kate's music made an impact on their lives, so I will
  >  share a recent one.
  >     Two nights ago, I ended up being left by two friends (who happened
  >  to be my ride home) at a bar.  They left me in the company of someone
  >  who, shall we say, does not respect women very much, and apparently
  >  has never heard the word "no."

 Sounds like one of the many fine men who read Playboy and Penthouse.
 Slobbering all over you was probably his highest compliment.

  >  Anyway, I ended up basically hiding from this guy and taking a cab
  >  home, and my driver was this young college guy.  I was in the
  >  backseat, pretty upset, when he asked if I minded if he played some
  >  music.  I said no, and he popped in a tape of Hounds of Love.
  >  So, I rode home listening to Kate sing "Running Up that Hill."
  >  I have heard it countless times before, but I felt like I was hearing
  >  it for the first time.  And it just goes to show you: she may not
  >  tour, but when you need her, she's there.
  >

  >  melanie

 Wow. If that's a pointless little story I'd like to hear one of your
 good ones! Thanks Melanie - you made my day.

 (And no more false modesty, OK?)

TSB, Adelaide Australia
 "The man that lays his hand upon a woman,
  Save in the way of kindness is a wretch
  Whom 'twere gross flattery to name a coward" - John Tobin