Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A pointless little story

From: Melanie_J._Oeding@maclair.sccsi.com (Melanie J. Oeding)
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 95 01:03:43 CST
Subject: A pointless little story
To: Love-Hounds@UUNET.uu.net

   Um, I have noticed that occasionally people will share some little story in
which Kate's music made an impact on their lives, so I will share a recent one.
    Two nights ago, I ended up being left by two friends (who happened to be my
ride home) at a bar.  They left me in the company of someone who, shall we say,
does not respect women very much, and apparently has never heard the word "no."
Anyway, I ended up basically hiding from this guy and taking a cab home, and my
driver was this young college guy.  I was in the backseat, pretty upset, when he
asked if I minded if he played a music.  I said no, and he popped in a tape of
Hounds of Love.  So, I rode home listening to Kate sing "Running Up that Hill."
I have heard it countless times before, but I felt like I was hearing it for the
first time.  And it just goes to show you: she may not tour, but when you need
her, she's there.

melanie

"It's you and me, babe, against the world!"

MacLair, Houston's Largest FirstClass BBS!  (713) 286-2540