Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Wuthering heights in

From: Marcel Rijs <100276.2176@compuserve.com>
Date: 23 Jan 95 16:04:24 EST
Subject: Re: Wuthering heights in
To: <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

Hi,

<Marion Kippers <MARION.KIPPERS@wkap.nl>> (hi! :) writes:

[...]
> On to the charts. In those days there were two charts; one was
> the 'Nationale Hitparade', and the other one was 'de nederlandse
> top 40' (which also had a 'Tipparade').

Dit herinnerde ik me net:-
There was also a third, non-official hitparade, called the "TROS
Top 50", named after the broadcasting company that compiled it.

[...]
> I think there were two different recordings. I have this image
> in my head of Kate dancing on grass, and at one point bending
> backwards until she's standing on hands and feet. Less than a
> second I think, but that image stuck with me for ever since. From
> what I've read in the FAQ and seen from other video's and
> everything this could have been the Rockflix video - could it?
> Does anybody know? I would really love to see this one again...

As would I. I have a small piece of this clip in a Swiss special,
and it looks like the clip Marion mentions, but I would like to
hear if there are more clips known... :)

[...]
> The other appearance was with Kate in the TopPop studio. Here she
> wore a long black dress, with black or grey lace or something.
> There were two images, Kate's face close up, singing, in front,
> the left half of the screen, and Kate dancing, small in the back
> in the upper right corner of the screen. The dancing is quite
> similar to some other versions I've seen, the setting is similar
> to for example the video in the white dress (with the two Kates).
> I think this was the second time, as I remember I was a bit
> disappointed - I really liked the dancing on the grass, and would
> have loved to see that one again.
> Oh well, I think that's all I've got. Hope you can use some of
> this. :-)

Now, to complicate things further, my sister (who's 6 years older
and has a clearer memory of 1978 than me - I was just 7 back
then...) reports me that Kate also did a performance for the
televised TROS Top 50 show. This would also have been around the
time she appeared in "Toppop", "Voor de vuist weg" and did the
filming for the Efteling special, in the first week of April 78.
It is obvious we have recovered the Efteling special and the Toppop
appearance, but the "Vuist" and "TROS Top 50" appearances have not
surfaced yet.
The same goes for at least 2 Top of the pops (UK) appearances.
It's an interesting thing, all these "Wuthering heights"
appearances Kate did. Does anyone know (even) more?

Regards,

Marcel Rijs * "Conan the librarian" * Den Haag * The Netherlands
100276.2176@compuserve.com                          mfgr@sara.nl