Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-42 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Techno RUTH/Aussie Vids

From: Fiona McQuarrie <fmcquarr@upei.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 1994 22:29:37 -0400 (AST)
Subject: Techno RUTH/Aussie Vids
To: "Kate (list) Bush" <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

On Muchmusic the other night I saw an ad for a compilation CD - one of
those "20 great techno hits" deals - that has the version of "Running Up
that Hill" which was mentioned here. They played a bit of it in the ad. My
goodness, it's bad :) Anyhow, I think the CD was called something like
"Pure Power II". I'm going to try to find it and I'll post the details
when or if I do.

Re Uli's list of videos....I notice also that in one of the tapes
"January" by Pilot is included. Several members of Pilot played on Kate's
first record, and I think Stuart Burgess, who has been her drummer on
almost every record since then, was part of that groups (obsessophiles,
can you clear this up?). IN any case, "January" was a hit in the early
70s, long before making videos was standard practice, so it would be
interesting to see what the video is. I suspect that it is probably a tape
of them performing the song on a TV show, but at the very least I bet we
would get a good giggle out of the polyester clothes and shaggy hair :)

Cheers, Fiona