Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-42 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: A question

From: aj796@freenet.carleton.ca (Tippi Chai)
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 1994 15:56:42 GMT
Subject: Re: A question
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: aj796@freenet.carleton.ca (Tippi Chai)

In a previous posting, "Stuart M. Castergine" writes:
> On Tue, 27 Dec 1994, K8BUSHFAN wrote:
>
>> At the end of Cloudbusting, you hear a train coming to a stop.  Why?  What
>> is the significance?  I read A Book of Dreams and there isn't any
>> reference to trains.
>
> I believe in an interview once Kate said that they just couldn't figure
> out how to end the song. ... and just
> happened across the train sound on a whim. ... I'm afraid there's no deeper
> significance that than. :-}

I'm not so sure.  I posted on gaffa some passages from the book when HoL
came out, and there *is* a mention of trains - the part where Peter saw
the men in the "big black car" coming up the hill and he runs like a train
(or something to that effect) trying to reach his father.
So either 1) Kate didn't tell the truth (and this has happened before) or
2) she forgot but it stayed in her subconcious memory (it was a
powerful passage) or 3) Stuart's RAM is faulty :-) :-) :-)

(When I first posted the passages I didn't even notice the train bit.  It
was |>oug who pointed it out when he saw it!)

--
Tippi Chai, Toronto, ON, Canada             aj796@freenet.carleton.ca
"The whims that we're weeping for/Our patents would be beaten for" Kate Bush