Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-42 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A question

From: k8bushfan@aol.com (K8BUSHFAN)
Date: 27 Dec 1994 00:50:11 -0500
Subject: A question
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@aol.net

This one has been bugging me for five years now.

At the end of Cloudbusting, you hear a train coming to a stop.  Why?  What
is the significance?  I read A Book of Dreams and there isn't any
reference to trains.

A thought came to me one night.  I was in bed and I heard a distant train
whistle.  It then occured to me that this whistle had the same timbre as
the beginning chord in Running up that Hill (RUTH). Also, the drums in
RUTH sound like a locomotive. Now I know HoL is about different types of
love, but how does this train tie in?

I don't understand.

Ken