Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-42 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Teasing and Receiving

From: "Forward, Jonathan" <JForward@SITGBSD1.TELECOM.com.au>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 94 09:07:00 AES
Subject: RE: Teasing and Receiving
To: "rec.music.gaffa" <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>
Encoding: 23 TEXT

Date: Tuesday, December 20, 1994 7:58AM
Stuart Castigate wrote:

]Here's something for discussion. Listen closely to Houdini.
]
]The official lyrics say "With your spit still on my lips."
]
]But when I listen to it, I always get the impression that she is saying
]"With your spirit still on my lips". The 'r' sound seems greatly slurred
]and rushed, but there.
]
]It seems there is a certain poetic beauty to spirit instead of spit.

 Either that or the word "saliva" would have been even worse.

 P.S. I'm still recovering from seeing Kate covered with the substance in
      The Comic Strip Presents: Les Dogs.

TSB, Adelaide Australia
'Hccccch  Ptoo!' - Nina Hagen