Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sony blows it AGAIN!

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 94 12:02:37 PST
Subject: Sony blows it AGAIN!
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Taco Bell (Whose quality of food is debatable, but who undoubtedly
usually play the best background music) has a Promo CD/Cassette they're
selling called ~Do Something", to benefit their Youth Program of the
same name.

Now, this CD has some GREAT stuff on it (Cracker - "Low", Enigma -
"Return to Innocence", and best of all; Sarah MacLachlan - "Possession",
(what ever happened with thast Lawsuit thingie, Vickie?) amongst others).

OK, here it is - it's made by Sony, so copywrite permission is (probably)
no problem.  They're focusing on "Alternative" music (OK, it's official -
that word now pisses me off more than even "Information Superhighway"),
so "genre" is no excuse.  Being "too popular" doesn't cut it (Enigma
made top 10), nor does "not popular enough" (lots of semi-obscure
stuff here), nor lack of space (it clocks in at only about 45 minutes).

SO WHY NO KATE?!?!?

(Despite this MAJOR flaw, it's only 5 bucks so still worth picking up)

- Stev0 the alternative

"But we hired the same Marketing team used by Atari!"
 - Sony Corp

"