Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Demo titles acc. to me.

From: Marcel Rijs <100276.2176@compuserve.com>
Date: 09 Dec 94 15:46:54 EST
Subject: Demo titles acc. to me.
To: <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

Hi,

<endwar@phys.psu.edu (Andrew Russ)> writes:

> I matched up the titles of the Cathy demos as given in a
> broadcast in Arizona several years ago, as posted earlier, with
> the original titles listed in the Cathy demos lyrics file in The
> Garden. I think these titles are better than the ones generally
> given.

Quite. Still, I have a few questions about some of these titles,
which I think have had rather decent names on the two bootlegs I
own them on, "Passing through air" and "If you could see me fly".

> "Coming Up (Carmilla)"  [Surrender Into the Roses]

The Garden names this "Camilla", which is IMHO definately wrong.
The roses thing is also very inventive, but I think "Coming up" is
the title best used.

> "The Craft of Love [Life?]" [The Craft of Love]

Definately "Love".

> "Goodnight Baby (Who Is Sylvia?)"  [Come Closer To Me, Babe]

I think "Goodnight Baby" is the best of the three alternatives
here.

> "Feeling Like a Waltz" [It Hurts Me]

Why "Waltz?" I never understood this. I never heard of a Waltz
growing old, pieces of music never grow old. Roses, however, do.
The title, according to the boot, would be "A rose growing old",
and that, again IMHO, is the best title given to the song.

> "Scares Me Silly"  --  this one is a studio demo recorded
> separately along with a few tracks later released on album that
> are sometimes distributed with the piano demos.

That one is listed as "Really gets me going". As title it sounds
more Kate-ish to me.

Comments welcome.

Regards,

Marcel Rijs * "Conan the librarian" * Den Haag * The Netherlands
100276.2176@compuserve.com                          mfgr@sara.nl