Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sony Boy

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 94 12:54:34 PST
Subject: Sony Boy
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

I checked out the New, Improved Sony Web page.  Yeah, they are
nice pictures; but could someone who has omniscient knowledge of
all things Katian, yet no access to The WWW (Yes, I'm talkin' to
YOU, IED!) describe what's going on?

All three are b&w photos of Kate in various poses; the background
are all the same - those giant depression-era style rather creepy
faces.  What's the story with those faces?  They're not from TLTC&TC,
as far as I can remember.

Also, these facts are certain:

a) There is some interest in a Kate Kalendar
b) Other Popular musicians have calendars, easily available in most
   record stores.
c) Some Sony folks are reading THIS VERY MESSAGE! (Hi, folks!)

So, obviously it's too late for 1995, but for 1996 do you think you
could get an Official Kate Kalendar done by Sony?  (I'm STILL looking
for possible signs of life from EMI on The 'Net - maybe they could
do one, instead/too).

I'm starting to get the opinion that Kate should end her contract with
Sony (and possibly EMI) and sign up with Ryko (No offense to the Sony
folk here), at least they know how to market "low-sales" "cult" artists.

- Stev0Man

P.S. I've noticed a few "unsubscribe" messages creeping in here lately.
(They must have snuck in from RDT, where it's been DAYS since I last
saw one there).  Folks - to UNsubscribe from Lovehounds, Email:

Love-hounds-request@uunet.uu.net

Note the word "Request" in the address!

Then, just say "Unsubscribe" in the subject and/or body of the
letter.