Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lovehounds Videos

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 94 01:40 CST
Subject: Re: Lovehounds Videos
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Lisa writes:
>I recently received my LOVEHOUNDS tapes, and I have to congratulate
>all involved - the production is brilliant!  I was also extremely
>impressed with Chris' video for THE INFANT KISS, and I'd love to
>see more.

   On behalf of the global crew that brought you the collection
(Uli & Kimmo, Peter, Tom, Cindi and the whole dubbing crew):
You're welcome.

   I'm glad you liked _The Infant Kiss_ (I cannot watch it without
cringing at the technical mistakes and the edits that are not quite
right.) Actually it was a collabrotive, me and Vickie.

> As a Houdini collector, you can guess which one I'm
>going to suggest... after all, there's so much available material
>on Houdini, both stills and posters incorporated in various books,
>and actual film footage (Houdini starred in several silent films; I'd
>be willing to lend videotape copies if needed).

   That's always been a consideration. A friend of ours, Frank Maile,
did a partial video to Houdini back in 1984. He didn't have access to
video editing gear and never was able to finish his version. I have it
on tape and it might be a good one to include on the next tape set.

   I started collecting Houdini material several years ago with the
intention of completing a video. I might well take you up on it.
I wish I still had all my father's old magic library.

> It would also be
>fun to see KITE done using flying footage from Terry Gilliam's
>BRAZIL and THE ADVENTURES OF BARON MUNCHAUSEN.

   Suggest scenes, please.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)