Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

First Kate Song + official delurk

From: Lee Brown <Lee@lowlevel.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 94 12:57:05 GMT
Subject: First Kate Song + official delurk
To: love-hounds@uu-net.uu.net

[delurk]
Hi everybody,

Thought it would be nice to share this, so here goes:

I first heard Wuthering Heights back in 78 (who could have missed it though?)
when I was only 12, but what really grabbed me was the video for Breathing.
Now I can't say I took in the lyrics then, I just remember the awesome
visuals.

Since then I never really listened a lot to her music, but bought some
albums as I came across them: The Kick Inside, Never For Ever, and The
Dreaming, playing mainly a few select tracks from those that I *really*
liked.  That had been my extent of Kate Music until I came across this
group a few months ago, which has encouraged me to go out and buy the
following CD's: Hounds of Love, The Sensual World, The Red Shoes, Lionheart
and The Whole Story.

To this day though, Breathing remains one of my strongest/favourite songs
mainly I think because of the power and feeling Kate pours through it
reminding me of the strength of feeling back then about being nuked thas was
shoved through the media near that the time.

Well now I've delurked, I suppose you'll see me a bit more often	around here.

Regards,
Lee

||  Lee Brown  ||  Internet: lee@lowlevel.demon.co.uk ||  CI$: 100325,3304  ||