Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Attack of the 50 ft. Fruitopia

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 94 12:54:12 PST
Subject: Attack of the 50 ft. Fruitopia
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Is it just this area (the SF Bay area), or is it your neighborhood, too?

I've noticed Fruitopia vending machines popping up like mushrooms
(and, with their color scheme, "mushroom" is a VERY good analogy)
lately?  I've noticed 3 of 'em installed in the last week...

At 80 cents to $1.50 (youch!  That's THREE TIMES what I paid for it
for Karen's TLTCTC party!) a pop (pun intended), it's still cheaper
to go to your local supermarket and buy Kool-Aid (It's cheaper and
it's the same result).

Oh course, I *STILL* miss "Funny Face" (Who remembers Choo-Choo Cherry
and Goofy Grape and all the rest?)

On the political side, one's endorsed by Kate, and the other by
Jim Jones - who do YOU trust?

- Stev0 (who remembers the past)

"Hey, hey, Juice!" - Kate
"Hey, Kool-Aide!" - The Kool-Aide Kids