Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MisK.

From: IEDSRI@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 1994 18:37:12 -0500
Subject: MisK.
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

Thanks to Chris Williams for his valuable information about
the Fruitopia shoot(s)!  IED hopes Chris will continue to keep
his industry-connected ear to the ground for word of future
Fruitopia KollaboraTions.

>Aha! "[T]he sound of trumpets (blown by angels?)" sheds some >light on my
favorite lines in "Big Stripey Lie:"

>"Your name is being called by sacred things
> That are not addressed nor listened to
> Sometimes they blow trumpets"

> -- Lesley

If you are predisposed to give weight to uncanny coincidence, you might think
it significant that "Eat the Music" (which featured
"Big Stripey Lie" as its b-side) made it to record stores in the U.S. on the
same day that President Clinton hosted Rabin and Arafat on the White House
lawn.  They were signing the peace agreement between the PLO and Israel -- an
agreement which effectively opened the way for future discussion on the
question of the governing of Jericho.

President Clinton wore a special tie for the occasion:  it
featured a design of little trumpets.

-- Andrew Marvick (IED) (SRI)