Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Any other Grace Pool fans out there?

From: jshupe@smtpgate.ssmc.noaa.gov
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 94 16:16:17 EST
Subject: Any other Grace Pool fans out there?
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

    Forgive me if this is a resurrection of an old thread, but is anyone
    familiar with / know anything about a NE U.S. based group called Grace
    Pool? They put out two albums that I know of, the most recent in '90
    ("Grace Pool" and "Where We Live"), and I caught them in concert in
    D.C. a couple of years ago, but have heard nothing since. Posting here
    because I find their vocalist/lyricist/composer Elly Brown to be...
    well, twice in my life, when I heard an artist for the first time, I
    felt _absolutely_compelled_ to stop what I was doing and _listen_. The
    first time was with Kate; the second, Elly. Not as much vocal range as
    Kate, but IMHO *very* talented. Any info appreciated. Thanks!

    Joe /the mad flutist\ Shupe
    jshupe@smtpgate.ssmc.noaa.gov