Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: A Gentle Reminder/Conjuring Mister Wilde

From: Oohlalune@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 1994 21:50:25 -0500
Subject: Re: A Gentle Reminder/Conjuring Mister Wilde
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net

 Fiona McQuarrie <fmcquarr@upei.ca> writes:

~While the Song of Solomon is certainly a valid topic of discussion for
~this group, a posting of that length is probably NOT appropriate for a
~list where many readers have to pay by length or volume to read their
~messages.

etc, etc, which i am not re-posting so as to adhere to the statement i am
making (or the statement Fiona made, which i am agreeing to)...

this is exactly what i was thinking as my 2400 labored @ $3.50 hour to d/l my
LoveHounds digest.  Amen, sister!!!  :)

[BTW, what is a killfile?  plz enlighten me thru email so as not to clutter,
kind Gaffans. thanks!!]

Stev0 wrote:

~Now, here's a new mystery for you English Lit types:
~Listening to "December will be Magic", what connection does
~Oscar Wilde have with Christmas?  O. Henry, Charles Dickens I
~can obviously see if Kate used those as a literary referance.
~But Oscar Wilde?  Is there some story of his ("The Importance
~of Being Santa"?) I don't know about?

a coupla Yules ago, part of our ritual involved one of us reading a story
appropriate to the season.  Charliesnake (of "I *promise* I'll give back your
tape of The Dreaming eventually..." fame [see earlier post])  read a story
written by Wilde about a little fir (or other coniferous) tree tht wanted to
be a Xmas tree, or something.  it was actually a sort of depressing story,
the tree ending up on a rubbish heap with bits of tinsel on it (if i remember
correctly).  anywho, the point is tht somewhere there is a Xmas story written
by Wilde... i just can't remember what it's called!

signed,
the world's lamest English grad...
Oohlalune  :)

You want my reply?