Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tiefer, tiefer . . .

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 1994 10:48:10 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Tiefer, tiefer . . .
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Cc: dd94br@badger.ac.brocku.ca

Darlene,

I'm not sure there is a reference in German literature for this line; if
there is we may be quite some time finding it.

It is a beautiful line and Kate used it to great effect to resolve the
dilemma of her hero(ine) who has been stuck in the water all night. Just
before the line we hear the sonar signals which let us know a boat is
approaching . . . then the line is spoken, nearly in a whisper, and we
know that a rescuing ship has come, the Little Light on the life vest has
been spotted in the ocean deep, and this person's journey through the
past, present and future is ended.

What a marvelous resolution this gentle phrase provides to the preceding
storm of music and emotions.

She is just So Talented! SRI!

Karen  kln@crl.com