Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: fruitopia?

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 94 02:25 CST
Subject: Re: fruitopia?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9411112141.AA26907@oak.cats.ohiou.edu> you write:
>Hi, I'm a newbie to Love-Hounds, but a long time Kate Fan, but I've got a
>question...what is the Fruitopia connection?  there was a Reuters article
>posted in the first digest I recieved that was about Coca-Cola expanding the
>fruitopia line, and my intrest is terribly piqued...what's the connection to
>Kate?

   Kate did the music for all those Fruitopia spots. The ad agency
planned a series of kaleidescopic movements of fruit. They played
around with different music, and some Kate (we don't know what songs
they originally used) just fit. They contacted Kate, and she was
interested. The agency paid for the production and Kate gets a royalty
for the music. There are nine different ones, 8 30-second ones for TV,
and a longer one for theatrical release. (We actually saw that one in
a theatre before we knew about Kate's involvment before the movie
"Speed") Hopefully this means that they are planning to launch it in
the rest of the world, and these ads will reach a wider audience.
I wouldn't change a thing about them, except keying the words:
MUSIC BY KATE BUSH
across the top of the screen throughout the entire length of each ad.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)