Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Shubberies ("Cathy" demos, again)

From: llovich@aol.com (Llovich)
Date: 12 Nov 1994 15:20:19 -0500
Subject: Shubberies ("Cathy" demos, again)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@aol.net

I just returned from a regional record convention and encountered an
"alternatively released" KTB CD called "Shubberies." It may or may not be
new, but it's the most complete version I've seen of this material. It
includes 22 of the "Cathy" demos plus band demo versions of "Babooshka" as
well as "Moving," "Don't Push Your Foot..." and "Kite."  It sounds as good
as I think this material can get plus a photo of Kate leading the KT Bush
Band on the cover -- a photo I've never seen published before. It also
includes a piano demo of "Davey." Is there a "full" recording of it
(Davey) somewhere that's available? I know she did a version with David
Gilmore but I've never encounetered it.

Also saw more versions of the TWW boots -- one was nothing but 12" remixed
versions of Red Shoes material. There was another TWW of nothing but live
cuts, inlcuding the Saturday Night Live appearances. Plus there was the
two-volume TWW set that includes the "Official" songs with "Rocet Man" and
"Rubberband Girl." I'd have to say that it was definitely This Woman's
Overworked.

VanceMan