Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Paul Schaffer and stuff

From: Fusemore@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 1994 13:28:32 -0500
Subject: Paul Schaffer and stuff
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

In a previous article, welsh@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk (Evan Welsh) says:

>On the plus side, I did manage to catch the Red Shoes video and the
>legendary SNL appearance on VH-1 this weekend. And if that wasn't Paul
>Shaffer from the Tonight Show playing the piano she was sitting on...

>Well, as they say, "right church, wrong pew" - something akin to confusing
>The Two Ronnies with Rowan and Atkinson, perhaps? Of course, what our
>UK-based friend meant to say was Paul Shaffer from the rib of David
>Letterman in his various incarnations on at least two different talk shows
>on two different networks and none of which was the Tonight Show of Johnny
>Carson and now Jay Leno fame.

>I'm about to be cut off, so I'll be merciful and go away.

>David--

>There's definitely, definitely, definitely no logic to human behaviour...
>                                                          - Bjork
Well I had to let you know that Paul Schaffer originally from Canada, spent
quite a few years in the Saturday Night Live band.  He was Bill Murray's
piano player for all those lovely Lounge Lizard sketches.
Wow! My first Lovehound flame......cool

I finally found a copy of TLTCTC at my local record store here in Ann Arbor.
I'm in love all over again.

Thanks for the Tapetree info.

Greg Mazure
Fusemore@aol.com