Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

IED's TLTCTC Analysis

From: ac506@lafn.org (Lisa Morton)
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 1994 22:25:10 GMT
Subject: IED's TLTCTC Analysis
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@lafn.org

Having obtained my laserdisc of TLTCTC yesterday and watching it
3 times in a row, I'm throwing in my 2 cents with IED's analysis.
I think criticizing the film's plot is like saying four Dali
canvases aren't as interesting as a Peanuts strip because there's
no joke in the last panel.  I disagree with IED only insofar as
I don't want to deconstruct the work right now - I'm content to let
it wash over me (not unlike some of the films of David Lynch, which
TLTCTC bore some resemblance to at points).  It did make me look at
several of the songs in a new light, particularly "Eat the Music" -
the image of a shaman convulsing, his eyes rolling back, while he
puppets Kate struck me as pretty darn eerie, a feeling I now
associate with the disarmingly-upbeat song itself.  Now that's art.

Lisa
ac506@lafn.org