Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TLTCTC in Sacramento

From: wagreiner@ucdavis.edu (Wade Greiner)
Date: 28 Oct 1994 23:23:32 GMT
Subject: Re: TLTCTC in Sacramento
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <Pine.SOL.3.90.941028134801.21914E-100000@bullwinkle>,
Danielle Fodor <dcfodor@ucdavis.edu> wrote:
>On Fri, 28 Oct 1994, Wade Greiner wrote:
>
>> According to the "News and Review" the Sacramento record store
>> "The Beat" will be showing two "special in-store screenings"
>> of TLTCTC on Tuesday, Nov. 1 starting at 6:30pm.  It will be on
>> sale there for $15.99.  See you there!
>

>confused question:  if there's going to be two showings of the film, they
>can't both start on the same day at the same time at the same place, can
>they?  do you happen to know when the other time (not 6:30) would be?
>
>i find it rather ironic that the warehouse is selling TLTCTC for 19.99
>while no place else in their right mind would charge so ridiculiously
>much for a video...heavens, it's more expensive then their copy of the
>nightmare before christmas!  the beat is indepenent and, theoretically,
>should be much less able to charge less for a film......and i hate
>giving into the corperate wherehouse but i'm too impatient to wait
>till i get a ride into the city....and i don't know who else in town
>sells it for less.....
>
>have you seen anyplace in davis selling TLTCTC for a reasonable price?
>

>danielle

I live in Sacramento, so I don't really know much about Davis stores.  Tower
may be selling it for less, but I don't know for sure.  Might want to
give them a call.  The Beat will be showing it at 6:30 and 8:00 pm.
Suppossed to be on a "big screen" TV.  There will also (according to
a flyer I got today from them) be "Kate Bush UK rarities.  Import item
door prizes."  (I assume that means they are giving away an import CD
single or two, but I'm not sure of what the door prizes are.)  The Beat
is a fairly strong supporter of Kate in general - they always have several
Kate rareties in stock, and seem to really like her music.

(There is a bus that goes to Sac. [the 42] and it's only a dollar one way
and let's off within reasonable walking distance of the Beat - well,
reasonable for me at least.)

Wade