Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Group Seeking Manager

From: Mike Mendelson <MJM@zylab.mhs.compuserve.com>
Date: 27 Oct 94 12:54:20 EDT
Subject: Group Seeking Manager
To: <fobs-list@netcom.com>, <Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net>, <ecto@ns1.rutgers.edu>, <folk_music@nysernet.org>
Cc: <lawgdrp@orion.depaul.edu>, <ssinger@orion.it.luc.edu>

My a cappella group, Listen Up!, is seeking a manager to handle
bookings, PR, publicity, and wild, crazy, screaming fans.
Our quartet sings a wide variety of music unaccompanied by
any instruments, ranging from Bobs covers to Doo Wop to Jazz to
Holiday music to swing to Klezmer to Barbershop to rock and on and on.
We also do some original arrangements and improvisation.

Listen Up! is based in Chicago and performs at both public and
private events.  We were featured at the Improv last month and
performed at a Bar Mitzvah in August (how's that for diverse? :-).
We need a young, energetic, motivated individual to drum up more
business for us, as well as to handle mailings, publicity,
negotiations and bookings.  We would like to give our manager
an equal cut of any money we make.

If you or anyone you know in Chicago has some extra
time, loves music and might be interested,
please send me email and we can set up a meeting.
Thanks!

-mjm
(Mike Mendelson)
(mjm@zylab.mhs.compuserve.com)