Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A Conversation With Davy Spillane

From: gtp10@bootes.cus.cam.ac.uk (Dr G.T. Parks)
Date: 25 Oct 1994 12:08:32 GMT
Subject: A Conversation With Davy Spillane
To: rec-music-gaffa@marble.britain.eu.net
content-length: 908
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I went to see Davy Spillane and his band in concert here in Cambridge on
Sunday. The gig was in a small pub, so it proved quite easy to have a
quick word with him and get him to sign my copy of his latest release.
Naturally, I asked him what had become of the cover of "Sexual Healing"
which he had recorded with Kate (and which was played at the Konvention
earlier this year). He asked me what I had thought of it. To which I
replied that I didn't think it would have fitted in with the rest of
the album. He said that that's exactly what he had decided, but he added
that he thought there was a chance that Kate might release it at some
point.

I have to say that the concert itself was a bit disappointing. The set
concentrated too much (for my tastes) on his more mainstream/less trad-
itional stuff and placed too much emphasis on danceability. There were
also far too many guitar solos!

Geoff Parks