Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: commercial music

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 94 21:03 CDT
Subject: Re: commercial music
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9410210041.AA01550@usaferam.af.mil> you write:
>Hey!  I saw a commercial with KaTe music today!   It was on RTL2 and was
>>from a perfume called "Wuerggle..." something or other (German....and the
>'ue' is really an umlaut-U).  Anywaty, the commercial was over in about 10
>seconds and about an hour latter my subconcious finally Kicked me inside
>so I realized where the background music was from... it was from
>"Symphony In Blue" from the Katemas special (the special with Peter Gabriel),
>and was the very slow piano entrance at the beginning of the song.
>
>I love it when this happens!

    Actually, it's not by Kate. It's a piece by Erik Satie. One of the
Kate fans who are also into classical music should be able to tell you
the name without preforming the butcher job that I would do. It's
"Three Gyn-somethings-or-others"

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)