Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love and Anger

From: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 1994 14:01:09 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Love and Anger
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

On Wed, 19 Oct 1994, Fiona McQuarrie wrote:

> Plus, lay off Heart as an example of guitar wanking. 15 minutes of MTV
> (well, in the 15 minutes/week they seem to devote to videos now) will give
> a plethora of examples of bands that are much worse. Heart did (does) a
> lot to get women musicians accepted as something less than novelties; I
> would sooner see them given some credit for their accomplishments rather
> than cast aside as wankers.
>
> Cheers, Fiona

Hear, hear! Nancy Wilson is certainly not a guitar wanker....

....however, she can hump a guitar about as well as Tori Amos humps a
piano bench.

scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us == Stuart Castergine            ---
"The night comes every day to my window.                    |/
The serious night, promising as always,                     |\
age and moderation. And I am frightened" -- Jack Gilbert