Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate, Happy and FruitTopia . . .

From: bittnerme@phibred.com (Matt Bittner)
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 94 13:53:34 -0500
Subject: Kate, Happy and FruitTopia . . .
To: "Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET"@phibred.com
Cc: "vickie@pilot.njin.net"@phibred.com, BITTNERME@gw1.phibred.com

Well...

	After watching one of the Fruitopia (FruitTopia?) adds once I realized
that Kate was providing the background music, I couldn't believe it.  I
couldn't believe that Kate would "sell out".  Unfortunately, it's becoming very
common place to "sell out" to large corporations.  Sure, there's money there,
but I feel that an artist is as an artist does.  Hmmm...

	Finally got to hear my first Happy song.  "Happy Happy Joy Joy" (pun
intended).  (Thanks Vickie!)  Although I can't remember the song nor the album,
it was great none the less.  There is a wonderful radio station hear in Des
Moines, that is quite wonderful.  Happy followed by Kate followed by Tori
followed by Albert Collins followed by Flim and the BB's followed by . . . well,
I think you get the idea.  Very eclectic and quite wonderful.  When passing
through, tune to 103.3 FM.

	Question:  I'm looking to replace some of my Kate vinyl EP's.  How can I
"legitimatly" do this?  I know TWW has the disc(s) of previous "single"
material, but I can't afford TWW.  Are these available by themselves, or is
there another source?  Thanks.

	Got to hear some of Shawn Colvin's live stuff Sunday morning.
Beautiful!  There is sooo much great music in this world that needs serious
attention.  Also got to hear the new Joni Mitchell single.  Again, wonderful
stuff.

	Well, I guess I should sign off.  Sorry to hurt so many ears! :-)

						Matt Bittner
						bittnerme@phibred.com