Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Record Breakers

From: nbc@informatics.rutherford.ac.uk
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 1994 10:03:15 +0000
Subject: Record Breakers
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

>From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
>Subject: Record Breakers?, KBC News.
>So, did anyone catch "Record Breakers" on BBC1 on Friday? I clean
>forgot to set my VCR 8-(. According to the newspaper listing the
>subject was Larry Adler - wouldn't be surprised if the sole
>Kate-content was a clip from the "The Man I Love" video.

Although the Radio Times advertised this programme as though their would be
interviews with some of the artists on the The Glory of Gershwin album
in fact they only showed short video clips. Most of the feature was
Larry Adler being interviewed about being the oldest person to have an
album in the charts (or something like that).

As Scott predicted there was a short (few seconds) clip from The Man I Love
video and no other contribution from Kate.

> - 7" (ASil/RbG(US)) pic disc in 12" sleeve with 60x40" poster.  5000 only.
> - Limited ed. (5000) CD as above with "3 exclusive postcards".

These numbers seem fairly small to me. How many record shops are there in
the UK? Looks as though one may need to order in advance to ensure a copy?

Neil

--
Neil Calton                          UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Informatics Department,              NSFNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk